Pinkglow® Bundt Cake with Strawberry Glaze
For the bundt cake:
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
• ⅓ cup oil
• 2 eggs
• 14-16 ounces crushed Pinkglow® Pineapple with juice (~2 cups)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon salt
For the strawberry glaze:
• 1 cup mashed strawberries (12-14 medium-sized berries)
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• ¾ cup water
To make the bundt cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks and place it all in a food processor. Process it until it has a crushed texture, with no large chunks. NOTE: feel free to reserve some pineapple slices for topping the bundt cake. You only need 14-16 ounces (~2 cups) of crushed pineapple for the recipe, and a pineapple typically produces slightly more.
- Place the crushed pineapple in a medium sized bowl or in a stand mixer. Add sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2-3 portions. Mix well after each addition.
- Thoroughly grease a bundt pan with flour-based spray or baking grease, then evenly spread the batter throughout the pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bundt from the oven and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes, then flip it on to a cooling rack to remove it from the pan. Set it aside to cool while you make the glaze.
To make the strawberry glaze:
- Use a food processor to finely mash 12-14 strawberries (1 cup mashed strawberries is needed).
- Place the mashed strawberries, sugar, water and cornstarch in a medium-sized saucepan and heat on medium, stirring often.
- Let the mixture simmer until it thickens (about 3-5 minutes), then remove it from heat.
- Run the glaze through a sieve to remove any larger chunks, then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cake and the glaze have cooled to room temperature, pour the glaze over the cake to decorate it. Save any extra glaze for additional topping on each slice!